Florida requires certain vaccines to be administered before children may enroll and attend school.
Public/Non-public Schools Kindergarten Through 12th Grade
(children entering, attending, or transferring to Florida schools)
- Four or five doses of DTaP
- Three, four, or five doses of IPV
- Two doses of MMR
- Two or three doses of hep B
- Two doses of Varicella (kindergarten effective with 2008–2009 school year, then an additional grade is added each year thereafter). Varicella vaccine is not required if there is a history of varicella disease documented by the healthcare provider.
Additional Immunization Requirements for 7th Grade Entry
In addition to compliance with all other immunization requirements, children entering, attending, or transferring to the seventh grade in Florida schools must complete the following:
- One tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap)
SCHOOL ENTRY HEALTH EXAM
SCOLIOSIS SCREENING [6TH GRADERS]